Ukulele & Timeless Banjo Red Series® Sets
|It can be installed on these instruments
The RED SERIES® Sets: a unique look and a strong, consistent sound. Until recently, it was necessary to increase a string’s gauge to reach lower frequencies. But increasing the string’s diameter also increases internal dampening. That make the string less bright, less responsive and more muffled; the thicker the string, the duller the sound. Our revolutionary new approach—unique to us—changes the specific weight of the material, increasing it progressively to leave the gauge with fewer changes.
The result is amazing—Ukuleles & Timeless 5 strings Banjos sounds brighter, more powerful and more responsive through the entire range of the fret board. The strings also maintain their intonation better (because thicker strings need to be fretted harder, pulling them further out of tune). Until we introduced the Red Series®, this result has only been achieved with harps where the scale of the strings is continuously varied.
The RED SERIES® provide superior performance over traditional strings for musicians who love clear, sharp sounds and powerful voicing across the full scale of the instrument.
You will never have heard a sound like this as before now it simply didn’t exist.
SINGLE UKULELE RED SERIES FOR THE LOW G TUNING
Who never dreamed of tuning the ukulele in low G, without using a fourth wound string type? As well affecting the overall sound quality of the ukulele, wound strings introduce a variety of other problems:
- a shorter lifetime than the treble strings
- sound power that is too bright and intrusive compared to the plastic treble strings
- excessive sustain
- noise caused by the fingers of the left hand
- rapid oxidation of the metal wire caused by the acidity of the sweat.
The only alternative solution used today is the use of a fluocoarbon string. Its performance, however, is never entirely satisfactory as for a low string to be really good, it must not only use materials of a high density but also some flexibility and fluorocarbon is unfortunately a very stiff material. Density is in fact the secret of quality sound in a low string and we are happy to announce that we managed to overcome this difficult technological challenge (tried by many others but without success). Unwound fourth strings now finally exist! Now, with our new RED SERIES® stri ngs you can finally tune your ukulele to Low G with the certainty of powerful sound quality and a superior intonation across the frets that is fully integrated with that of the upper treble strings.
- The technical solution adopted was firstly to make the Nylgut elastic and then add red copper powder in order to increase the density to about twice that of standard white Nylgut.
- Color: red-brown
- Surface: slightly rough; this texture has eliminated the squeak that sometime occurs with the Nylgut strings.
- Elasticity/Elongation: consistent with white Nylgut!
- Performances: better than the first elastic version! They do not break under tension providing rapid, stable tuning!
- Intonation: accurate past the 12th fret
- Pressing the string firmly down on the frets does not cause the note to sharpen.
- It is not necessary to file the nut slot wider to accommodate our RED SERIES® string, as was necessary with the previous fluorocarbon G strings.
- Density: about twice than standard white Nylgut.
Low G New Red Series on a Tenor ukulele
Attention! The Red Series strings smust be stretched by your fingers in a gentle way. Not too much. The settle up in tune in 2-3 days.
PRICES RED SERIES® SETS FOR UKULELE
|Size||Tuning||Set / Strings||Code||Set composition||euro excluding iva-vat-tva|
|SOPRANO||Key of C – GCEA||SOPRANO REGULAR SET high G||83U||RED SERIES®||7.30|
|SOPRANO SET Low G||84U||RED SERIES®||7.80|
|Single strings||4th Low G||70U||RED SERIES®||2.30|
|Single W strings||4th Low G||134U||RED WOUND||2.40|
|CONCERT||Key of C – GCEA||CONCERT REGULAR SET high G||85U||RED SERIES®||7.30|
|CONCERT SET Low G||86U||RED WOUND®||7.80|
|Single strings||3rd C||77U||RED SERIES®||2.30|
|4th Low G||71U||RED SERIES||2.30|
|4th w. Low G||135U||RED WOUND®||2.40|
|TENOR||key of C – GCEA||TENOR REGULAR SET high G||87U||RED SERIES®||7.30|
|TENOR SET Low G||88U||RED WOUND®||7.80|
|Single strings||3rd C||78U||RED SERIES®||2.30|
|4th Low G||72U||RED SERIES||2.40|
|4th W. Low G||136U||RED WOUND®||2.50|
|1st A unwound Tenor 6 strings||75U||RED SERIES®||2.30|
|4th G unwound Tenor 8 strings||76U||RED SERIES®||2.40|
|BARITONE REGULAR SET DGBE||89U||G & D wound||8.40|
|BANJO UKE||GCEA||BANJO UKE SET high G||90U||RED SERIES®||7.30|
|Single strings||3rd C||79U||RED SERIES®||2.30|
*Warning: the set is composed by 1st and 2nd plain RED SERIES® strings and two wound. The set with all RED SERIES® strings is not acoustically balanced.
PRICES RED SERIES® SETS FOR TIMELESS BANJO
|Code||Set||Tension||Euros excluding IVA-VAT-TVA (except for non-EU customers)|
|11B||5 STRINGS BANJO SET DGBDG||normal||8.90|